Monday 8 June 2009

Mission Impossible

Swift
ditto
ditto
ditto
Record shot of Bearded Tit
ditto
ditto
ditto
ditt
ditto
Little Grebe chick
Ragged Robin
I wonder if anyone has spent a lot of time trying to photograph Swifts and retained their sanity? It's absolutely crazy, and I could only stand a few seconds of it at a time. This is the first spring since the classes started that we've not visited this particular site, so I thought I'd catch up with the venue now the burst of birdsong is over. It was great to hear Cetti's Warbler and Turtle Dove, but the nicest surprise was a Bearded Tit sat right in front of the hotel hide. I'd forgotten I'd taken a picture of an orchid & reduced the zoom by about half to do so. Unfortunately, I remembered after the Bearded Tit had moved on! You could say I was seriously annoyed with myself, as the pictures with a 400mm instead of 200mm zoom should have been a lot better!

No comments: