Wednesday 2 March 2022

Late February Murmuration

Two Friday morning stalwarts went to a Lincolnshire reserve on Saturday afternoon and were stopped in their tracks, as they were about to leave, by a Starling murmuration.  Here's Dave's own words, just paraphrased slightly.  

Last Saturday afternoon Joan and I paid a visit to one of our Autumn venues with nothing much to see or report until we were almost back at the car.  At that point the evening produced a glorious sunset and the Starlings put on a magical show between 17.20 and 17.50.  At first a group flew close, between us and the village, and the sound was really exciting and exhilarating.  But then they moved back round over the reeds with the sunset behind them and as they merged with other groups the show became spectacular and mesmerising.  I was just so glad I was trying out my new lens which gave me the opportunity to zoom out and catch more in the frame.  Even at 100mm I couldn't get them all in but I am still delighted with the results. Hope you like them too.

All photos (c) 2022 Dave Hill
























No comments: