Wednesday 13 May 2020

Lockdown [Easing] - Birdsong in a Bluebell Wood

With lockdown easing, it's now possible to visit some additional reserves. This one is only a 30-minute drive away from me, so technically it was possible for me to visit before the rules changed. I've made a video of the bird calls in this Bluebell Wood. These include Coal Tit, Blackcap, Chiffchaff etc. All my classes should have visited this in the last few weeks, so this is a virtual visit. I've also made a second video focussing on the Willow Warbler - one of the iconic (for me) sounds of the spring.  I should point out that I only visited this site because I knew I would be able to visit without meeting another soul, and if there had been someone there, it would be possible to do so and easily maintain social distancing.
Bluebells

You may hear the Bluebell Wood birdsong here 

Whilst the video focussing on the Willow Warbler is here

No comments: