Wednesday 29 April 2020

Lockdown - Bluebells & Others

This morning I had a road to Damascus moment, and realised that the Hull to Withernsea railway line runs just behind the cemetery, so for my exercise today I walked along there to beyond Hedon.  I reached somewhere all groups should have been visiting in May.  The morning was overcast, so there weren’t that many songbirds, but there were plenty of Whitethroats.  I saw a silent Cuckoo, but it only flew over.  The sky was very threatening, and there were even a few drops of rain, and no one else about, so social distancing was easy.  I managed to make a few short videos, whilst I was there.  
Chaffinch - the rollicking song here 
A Lake - fish, G C Grebe, Herons and Cuckoo calls explained here
 Whitethroat and Lesser Whitethroat here
Flying Heron here
Meanwhile, someone who lives close to a Bluebell Wood mentioned that the Bluebells are at their best at the moment, so if you have withdrawal systems, here are some beautiful blooms
 Bluebells (c) 2020 Steve Clarke




 Periwinkle
Now on to Nafferton again. 
Reed Bunting (c) 2020 Symon Fraser
 Baby Rabbit (c) 2020 Symon Fraser
Back to Brough. 
Male Pheasant with his Melanistic hen (c) 2020 Hugh Wood
 His Harem (c) 2020 Hugh Wood

No comments: