Monday 9 December 2019

Winter Visitors

On Sunday morning a male Brambling turned up in the garden.  It gave some good views even though the light was pretty awful.   
Male Brambling
 ditto
 ditto
 ditto
On Monday I stopped off at Potteric Carr, snd while eating lunch I noticed that one particular corner of the car park was alive with birds in the hawthorn bushes.  On investigation this was a large group of Redwings with a few Blackbirds, sprinkled with a few Goldfinches.  Before today I've never been able to get a decent photo of a Redwing, even though it is a very widespread winter visitor.  They are normally extremely wary birds, but today I decided to move my car to another part of the car park, and use my car as a hide. Now the hard-to-photograph common bird accolade will have to go to another common bird.  I'm not sure which species that is yet, it will require a little thought...
 Redwing
 ditto
 ditto
 ditto
 ditto
 Redwing's Tongue
 Redwing
 ditto
 ditto
 Stretching
 Redwing
 Redwing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely photos Michael